Persephone

Persephone

Thursday, January 14, 2016

This n That -- magical and mundane business and personal stuff

~~ Good Morning and Happy Thursday ~~

'Blue Rhapsody' original painting my A. Russell at Northern Visions


   As we move into the mid part of January and the snow begins to pile up here in Northern Michigan I have been hard at work on a project that was begun a few months back. Some requests have been trickling in over the last year or so for written lessons. The latest was a request for '101' type lessons and I have decided to go ahead and do a year long series of 13. Lets just say this has proved harder than I anticipated.... Emotionally I am having a difficult time with 'legitimacy' ie.: what makes me qualified to do this? There is a rational voice that answers '20 years or so of dedication,study and practice'. The other voice is nit picking on 'degrees', 'titles' and 'groups'. So as I write I am listening to each voice blather on about why I should or should not be doing this at all.
 Logistically the difficulty has been on organizing- what comes first? what exactly should be taught to a new-comer? Is 'eclecticism' acceptable? Is it responsible to teach? In this vein I now have a rough outline sketched out for the year's lessons and have been making my way through them- my deadline is Imbolc.  Stay tuned on the FB page and the website for how to sign up for the yearly course.And any thoughts or opinions on this I would welcome in the comments section.

  In other news the website will be updated and added to throughout this month. It is located HERE- there are oodles of great things there- from recipes and rites to a store to order and create your own Book of Shadows. Go take a look and be sure to sign the guestbook and say 'Hi'!
  Persephone's Folly has applied to be a vendor at the upcoming Michigan ParaCon held in August in St Ignace-- this is a HUGE deal and the waiting for the confirmation is killing me! I will be sure to update all of the social media sites that I use when that notification comes in.

A few of the pages from the Herbal section of my personal BOS. Creating this book has become an integral part of my personal practice and meditations.


   So that is all of the business-type news for now. Personally (though they do tend to over-lap!) I have reached a milestone in my personal Book of Shadows. I have 'completed' (that really never happens, ya know?) the planned section for the basic Herbal. A through Y of the most common herbs used in magic-including Hoodoo - and each page illustrated and illuminate. Wow!! When I dated the last page (Y) I realized that I have been working on this magical tome for 10 years now. When I ordered it and fell in love with it was when my husband and I decided to create them for others. 10 years and over 100 hand bound leather Books later and here we are-- what a ride!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment