Persephone

Persephone

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Magical Soaps from Persephone's Folly


Perfect Love & Perfect Trust Soap from the etsy store


Magic with Soap -

One of my favorite activities is soap-making. I adore the process , both brewing it making it as well as researching the magical and physical properties of a potential recipe. Anyone can go to the store and grab a bar of Ivory soap and wash with it. But why not go deeper? Nourish yourself both energetically and physically. I make Goat Milk Soap which is super hydrating and nourishing in and of itself. But being a Witch I want every experience to be beneficial on both this plane and the etheric plane- and enjoyable and fun!! So when I get enthused about a certain herb, oil, or fruit I research all of its properties; what does it do for the skin? how does it smell/look/feel? What are its medicinal values? How is it used in magic and what is its energy signature? All of these questions are asked and answered before I commit a recipe to my soap base and then to my book for safe keeping. Colors play in as well - what color works with the energy of this recipe? How will the color's energy signature play with the soap's energy signature? Will they fight or add to one another? Is color needed at all?
 A few days ago I finished the research on the soap pictured above -- I LOVE this soap! I had been steeping an enfleurage of St John's Wort and Yarrow flowers for several weeks waiting for its signature red colored oil to develop telling me that it was done. I had also decided to order a sample of organic hemp seed oil from my soap supplier. I wanted to make a soap that was VERY moisturizing but not oily; soothing but noticeable; good for all skin types. Those were the physical attributes I wanted. The oils and herbs used are all magically used to bind-in-peace, create calm and health, and heal. Adding a mellow essential  oil blend of my own and swirling blue and purple was just what was needed. A hint of body safe iridescent glitter and Viola! A spell in a bar! This soap was named for the admonishment and reminder that all who enter a consecrated space or Circle shall do so in 'Perfect Love and Perfect Trust'. 
My personal mantra of 'Everything Is Magic' means that there really is no time when I am not a Witch -- from cooking to cleaning to crafting to painting-- it is all energy,it is all magic. Live your life with Intent, its the ultimate spell...

No comments:

Post a Comment